Collapse Sidebar
  1. Welcome to The Dragon's List!
    If you have not registered on The Dragon's List, the process is fast, easy, and free! You can register by clicking here.
    If you have already registered you can log in by clicking here.

16 part taoist neigung system

Discussion in 'Others' started by silksword, Apr 30, 2005.

1. Offline

silksword

hello everyone,

does anyone have a clue as to what this is? if so, can you please refer me or inform me? i would like to learn this. or at least obtain some info on it. thanks.
  2. Offline

Allan_Tsang

GaoShi/Buddy is your man.
  3. Offline

Gaoshi

IMO the 16-part part of it is a bit misleading. No offense to Kumar but I think that is just his way of describing it. He teaches four main neigong exercises to develop the skills he describes. Here is my take on them. I don't represent this as being the

Truth (T) but just my understanding.

Opening the Gates teaches:

-relaxing and expanding in an upright posture (pengjin)

-basic horizotal motion while rotating the body around a central axis

-connection of rotating limbs to the rotating torso

This doesn't take into consideration the energetics involved. This is only the first level. The other gongs teach lengthening the connective tissue in and out, opening and closing the joints and cavitys if the body, pressurizing the body's fluids (specifically the synovial and cerebral/spinal fluids, etc. These were beneficial not only for my health but for developng fajin as well. HTH

Buddy
  4. Offline

silksword

thank you gaoshi,

That was very insightful.

I have no true martial arts backround besides street fighting, 1 year of h.s. wrestling, and 1 year of judo(very enlightening for me). my journey into the internal arts has renewed me spiritually and physically. As of now, the most i have accomplished is a rigorous stance training regimen from ed parkers book titled the secrets of chinese karate. I also learned the single palm change and the five element forms of xing yi from books and the internet, teaching them to my friends and as a result, gaining a better understanding of the application of techniques, i plan on attending a real school but i have to get stable family wise and financially. I became interested in the 16 part taoist nei gung system after reading kumar's book,(how did you know?:) I have experienced the feeling of chi circulation in my body since I have done stance training, and hopefully i will reach higher levels in the martial arts to purify my mind body and soul, being a young man in todays society, i feel i cant go without it. Once again thanks, its people like you all who inspire me to push on in the realm of martial arts and spirituality.

Big thanks to all at dragons list.
  5. Offline

Gaoshi

I studied with Kumar for many years. Any questions you have I'd be happy to try to answer. Definitely get his book Opening the Energy Gates of the Body. It is very accessable and you can learn the basic idea from it.
  6. Offline

silksword

i know this is a rather self righteous question,

is anyone out there familiar with working with their own energy? what is the next stage of chi development? i mean, that i can manipulate and control my chi with my intent, and recently ive been starting to feel a very noticable heat wave around my body and other phenomena, since i dont have a teacher as of the moment. can anyone please me offer some guidance?

and once again thank you gaoshi, i will definitely try to obtain that book.

thank you all.