Collapse Sidebar
  1. Welcome to The Dragon's List!
    If you have not registered on The Dragon's List, the process is fast, easy, and free! You can register by clicking here.
    If you have already registered you can log in by clicking here.

Huc Chung Kun Tao

Discussion in 'Other' started by chief108, Apr 23, 2004.

1. Offline

chief108
    a dog chasing cars

anyone know this "Master" Guy Savelli

go see http://www.worldkungfu.com

and tell me if this is the real thing or just another clown...

Chief108
  2. Offline

Fu-Pau

3. Offline

Philip

Okay. His concept of aquiring chi just doesn't sound chinese. Furthermore, he never mentions the word chi.

Also, his history doesn't sound very plausible. Why would a chinese prince want to go and live with him If I were a prince, I'd live in a palace. Also, I'd use money as payment, not teaching an ultra secret family style.

His technique descriptions have no illustrations, are very brief and inaccurate. Some of the stances he mentions are either stupid or come from other styles, and he mentions turning your back to an opponent. The first does not suggest a pure style, which he constantly claims it is, and the second does not imply kung fu.

Also, the picture that constantly shows up on his site looks like a scene from "The last Samurai" and is pretty definitly of a japanese MArtist. Chinese style/japanese weapons and clothes Either this guy is a fraud or tries very hard to look like one.

Oh, and would somebody translate the chinese name of the style for me Does it translate to "Bite me" or something similar If so, I wouldn't be surprised.
  4. Offline

chief108
    a dog chasing cars

LOL @ Fu-Pau!!!

didn't even see that yet...

well...

problem is that this all sends out mixed messages indeed...

Kun Tao is an Indonesian art, his teacher is the real thing (altho there are others that can make better claims on the linage thingies)

I ordered a free promo tape once and it does show some interesting stuff

also with a couple of soldiers he trained (well... people in uniforms) that did a great show breaking stiks'n'bricks and stuff like that...

but he also makes the wildest claims...

turning into a leopard ;) LINK

hmmm....

documented killing of goats (or sheep) with his deadly strikes

well...

see also http://www.worldkungfu.com/documentation.html

he could be "something else", but I don't know...

and his Correspondence Courses are a bit on the expensive side as well ($450 each... and he's got 5...)

Aqira

know this dude

he claims to have done some testing as well...

know the name

Chief108
  5. Offline

Allan_Tsang

6. Offline

GuiLongUmar Allumni

Yup there it is. All about psychology and clever marketing.

Though I would venture hes got to actually know some stuff to have recieved some of thos accolades, US military contracts if they are for real. The Art is probably rock solid. Just the hype about it seems too much.
  7. Offline

PESTER48

Master Savelli is the real deal.... I was a student of his in the late 70's. If you have a chance to attend any of his seminars do so and you will see for yourself. He's for real......