Collapse Sidebar
  1. Welcome to The Dragon's List!
    If you have not registered on The Dragon's List, the process is fast, easy, and free! You can register by clicking here.
    If you have already registered you can log in by clicking here.

New Search For Amelia Earhart

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Enter the Dragon, Mar 20, 2012.

1. Offline

Enter the Dragon

2. Offline

webmaster
    Administrator

Styles:
    Many
    Years:
    25+
  3. Offline

Enter the Dragon

4. Offline

aaradia

Styles:
    Choy Li Fut, Yang Tai Chi
    Years:
    9/8
    The search really has never stopped. Various types of searches for her have been going on for decades. There might have been a few lulls, but even then people were doing research into where to search for her.
    Joe Was likes this.
  5. Offline

Enter the Dragon

6. Offline

Enter the Dragon

I disagree with part of this update. The part I disagree with is what Susan Butler thinks. She thinks we wont find the plane.

I think we just need to look harder. The best place to hide somthing is right in front of you, thats were I think the plane is. Has to be. I think this mystery will be solved, but it wont be solved for another 15+ years. Thats my opinion. Whats yours?

Click the link for the full update.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/03/23/opinion/butler-amelia-earhart/index.html?hpt=hp_bn6
  7. Offline

aaradia

Styles:
    Years:
    9/8
    We? Don't you mean they? Or are you part of the search team?

And if there is a picture of part of the plane that can be fairly easily co-ordinated with the Island, why wouldn't they find it on their search in a few months. That seems inconsistant. If they won't find it for 15 years, you must not believe that image is part of her plane then?
  8. Offline

Enter the Dragon

I actually do mean "we". I think everybody should have involment in finding out the mystery, its just too bad not everyone sees it that way. There is 7 theories about what happend to her. I believe that she did in fact crash in the ocean. Your making it seem like it would be an easy job to find a wreck.

Heres a perfect example on how hard it can be. You heard about Steve Fosset, Im sure you have, hit the news like wild fire. At 8:45 am, on Monday September 3, 2007 he took off with enough fuel for the flight he was going on. The search for him was exactly 6 hours later. Sep 7 was annouced to the public could have involvement because of google earth. By sep 11 over 500,000 people were involved in the search covering 300,000 sq miles. Sep 19 he was declared dead. Oct 2, the search was canceled. At this point several still had hope in finding him but several thought it would go unsolved. I was one of them. October 29, without any measurable success, Major Cynthia Ryan later said it had been more of a hindrance than a help. On August 23, 2008, almost a year after Fossett went missing, twenty-eight friends and admirers conducted a foot search based on new clues gathered by the team.

ALMOST A YEAR WENT BY AND WE DIDNT HAVE ANY INFO, OR CLOSER ON WHAT HAPPEND.

Tell me a plane crash that required a search that ended up solved in 3 months. Im telling you that you wont find one.

Back on topic. Keep in mind she was in route to the island when they lost contact with her. Keep in mind getting to the island was the most dangerous part of her flight. They could have found her within the few months if contact was constant, that would zero in several possibilities of were she did go down. I dont believe every update but I have to believe we are getting closer to finding what happened.

I hope you read this word for word.
  9. Offline

aaradia

Styles:
    Years:
    9/8
    :rolleyes:
    Well, a tone like that makes me less interested in reading your future words.....

I never said or implied it would be EASY, just that I was hopeful it could be done with this new search. You asked for what we thought and why.
    .:rolleyes:
    Whatever, there is a difference between being interested and following a story like this one and actually being involved. It seems like you don't understand that difference. "We" means you actually are doing something to help, not just following the story. If you aren't contributing money, involved in a search party, doing research that helps some research party, then you are not part of the "we." You are a passionately interested bystander, but that is all. IMO saying "we" in this circumstance is trying to take credit for other people's work. Seriously Enter, what exactly are you doing to actually help the search? What are you contributing to it?

I am aware of the Steve Fossett story, although I can't remember if they ever did find his body or not. Pretty sure they found the plane wreck though.

IF that image showed a part of her plane, that is a lot of evidence that they can use to find her plane. But it may well be that image is just wishful thinking and not anything related to her.

If it is part of her plane, there is only so far the plane could have been moved by ocean currents from that place, and modern science can figure out the likely path to search. Yeah, they couldn't find Steve Fossett, but they found the freakin' Titanic and many other shipwrecks with modern science. So, I think there is a good chance of them finding it in this search in July- IF the image was part of her plane.

But I don't know, I could be wrong. Because I am not pretending I am part of the search party.
  10. Offline

Unkotare
    furinkazan

Styles:
    rasslin' and...stuff
    Years:
    +++
  11. Offline

Enter the Dragon

I do and millions of people do. If youre gonna post somthing mean you shouldnt post at all. This is the lounge, the OFF TOPIC section.

I love family guy.
  12. Offline

Unkotare
    furinkazan

Styles:
    rasslin' and...stuff
    Years:
    +++
    How many millions?
  13. Offline

Unkotare
    furinkazan

Styles:
    rasslin' and...stuff
    Years:
    +++
    How many millions?
  14. Offline

Enter the Dragon

Obviously Hilary Clinton cause she started the search back up. Amelia Rose Earhart (A relitive thats named after Amelia). Me. Everyone following me on twitter which is 52. All my subscribers and friends on youtube which is 44. My family and all friends.

There is a start of the millions.
  15. Offline

Unkotare
    furinkazan

Styles:
    rasslin' and...stuff
    Years:
    +++
    That doesn't really add up to "millions," does it?
    clfsean likes this.
  16. Offline

Nik
    Super Moderator

They want to find one tiny plane in the pacific 75 years after the crash ? Yeah, I would spend time and money on it too. Maybe she's still alive and waiting for evacuation ?
    Dinkydoo likes this.