Collapse Sidebar
  1. Welcome to The Dragon's List!
    If you have not registered on The Dragon's List, the process is fast, easy, and free! You can register by clicking here.
    If you have already registered you can log in by clicking here.

Tau-Tau???????

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Silent Dragon, May 23, 2002.

1. Offline

Silent Dragon

I read this book by Eric Lustbader called "The Kaisho" and in this book he refers to a martial art known as Tau-tau.

Does anyone have any information on the art. He also mentioned "Akshara and Kshira". If there is anyone of you out there whose heard of it please respond with some information, even if it's only what you heard.
  2. Offline

Wen

I saw this movie where this Remo Williams dude practiced this cool art called Sinanju... It was said, that Sinanju is the most powerful martial art ever, the mother of all martial arts... Anyone know something about that sinanju stuff
  3. Offline

nevilleb Allumni

If my memory serves me right -- ancient form of martial arts / mysticism practiced by inhabitants of northern china bordering mongolia and tibet.

Took many of the "mystic practices" from both tibetan budddhism as well as the original "religion" of Tibet aka Bon.

Considering the mystical aspects supposedly laced with a lot of what can only be described as "para-normal" phoenomenon.

According to one school of thought, tau-tau adepts fanned out to become the so-called scum of chinese society -- the infamous vagabonds.

Supposed to have been the ancient chinese forerunner of what went on to become japanese ninjutsu -- at least from the philosophical viewpoint.

By the way, don't take everything Lustbader writes at face value.. in hist first book, he claims that the Tenshin Shoden Katori ryu is a Ninja ryu. While there are elements of what may be described as ninjutsu taught there, the focus is on how to defeat a ninja - not be one.

my two bits

nevilleb
  4. Offline

x893 Allumni

I have heard basically the same thing as Nev. Especially the part about ideas coming from the Bon in Tibet.

Never heard of the Tenshin Shoden Katori ryu though, I thought that at some point I heard of a katori ryu...but I am not sure if it was ninjutsu or otherwise.
  5. Offline

Silent Dragon

To NevilleB

Thanks for that bit of information, where did you find it and how can I get more information on the subject

Tao Jai also has a certain level of mysticism and paranormal beliefs.

Tau-Tau was the only "martial art" that I found through casual reading that closely resembled the art I was taught.

x893, I am not saying that I was taught a breakdown of Tau-tau....but who can really say.

Kinjo wasn't much on liniage and history just survival but always with honor.
  6. Offline

nevilleb Allumni

To NevilleB

Welcome.

I didn't find it.. as my first post says, if my memory serves me right.. got a memory here to put an elephant to shame. LOL

BTW, just my two bits... be careful about that mystic stuff.

nevilleb
  7. Offline

Silent Dragon

to Nev

Great memory....if you should find a site or a link please let me know.

Thank You.